How-to Give Birth
You're only interested in your birth and that's right!
In order to know or learn how-to birth you have to absolutely, without an question in your Mind and Heart that your baby’s birth is absolutely important to you … no matter where you birth, no matter who is present and no matter what happens to you or around you.
If you believe knowing how-to birth is only suited to a specific type of birth then you honestly will not truly learn the essential skills to birth your baby.
Birthing Better families can’t stress this enough. Learning how-to birth means learning how-to birth in any situation and under every circumstance. Doing so is why Birthing Better families birth better and always come away from their baby’s birth journey feeling empowered.
Learning how-to birth is about every birth without exception
Birthing Better skills … the how-to give birth … were developed by hundreds of families. That means all the skills were created by fathers and mothers.
Women want to know how-to birth. Men/others want to know how-to help their birthing partner birth. Birthing Better online courses will give you the skills for both you and your birth support.
You’ve asked the right question in your Google search. ‘How-to’ is a skills loaded phrase. Giving birth is always an activity that you will do as a woman and your baby will do.
However the phrase ‘giving birth’ has a very weak verb. What does ‘giving’ mean? What skills would that include? We know the how-to skills for cooking, building, driving a car but ‘giving’ birth is too vague. We have the skills!
Not every woman 'labors' but every birth is hard work
The 1970s in the US was a shifting Time in childbirth. Lamaze and The Bradley Method were well known. Millions of birthing women used these skills and fathers were being permitted to come into hospitals and be a ‘birth-coach’ using these birth breathing techniques.
Sadly these skills focused on a small group of women:
- Low risk pregnant women who wanted a natural birth
- Those who were seeking a pain-free labor
- Women seeking to reduce medical care
Many too many birthing women were just plan left out of this first evolution of birth breathing techniques.
Birthing Better skills began to develop in the early 1970s created by hundreds of pregnant families from diverse backgrounds who just wanted good birth breathing skills for their birth experience.
Learning how-to birth means learning to work with your baby's efforts to be born
How-to birth is broken down into FOUR SKILL-SETS in Birthing Better:
- PRACTICAL PREPARATION HANDS-ON BODY SKILLS: How to create space, mobility and softness in your pelvis and baby’s birth passage: Hip Lift, Sacral Manoeuvre, Sit-Bone Spread, Tailbone Movement, Mapping Your Pelvis, Pubic Arch Spread, The Pelvic Clock, Internal Work, Kate’s Cat and Baby Friendly Positions
- PRACTICAL BIRTH MANAGEMENT SKILLS: Skills to cope, deal with, work through, manage, stay on top of and remain in control over labor contraction pains: Sustainable-Directed Breathing, Deep Touch Relaxation, Non-verbal/Verbal Communication, Internal Work and Positive/Negative Voice how to bring the body skills into birth as needed.
- SOFT SKILLS: These are the skills that tie the hands-on and practical skills together throughout your VBAC: 5 Phases of Contractions, 2 Birthing Behaviours, 2 Birth Plans, Tension, Relaxation, Dealing With Pain, Staying in NOW and Progressing Labor
- HOW-TO USE YOUR SKILLS: How-to use your skills in the 4 types of birth: Labor and vaginal birth, labor and unplanned c-section, non-laboring cesarean and VBAC. How-to use skills no matter where you birth.
You can check out all the COMPREHENSIVE ONLINE LESSONS
You'll receive a short email sequence with a few more Birthing Better eBooks with more skills
- Email ONE: The Importance of Being Practiced
- Email TWO: Teamwork
- Email THREE: Two Birthing Behaviours
- Email FOUR: Of course … an offer for you!
- Email FIVE: A bonus!