NZ Midwife 2-year Training/Data and Future Research
All the data from this 2-year training will be freely available to NZCOM and other researchers. Common Knowledge Trust to be referenced.
We are training midwife participants in a specific way to explain to their clients how we can implement our New Zealand Midwifery Partnership in equally, yet different skills-based role, responsibilities and tasks.
Exploration of multiple skills-methods at the same time is essential because every woman in our present ‘Choice-based’ Partnership should be able to ‘choose’ a system that suits her best.
This training will produce specific data over the 2 years.
- How effectively midwives give the protocol script to clients
- Percent of families who observably respond to the protocol script over the 2 year period
- Willing and compliant
- Resistant but persuadable
- Stubbornly resistant
- Effective notations on each woman’s chart that references which skills learned
- Subjective observations of skills used by mothers and fathers throughout the birth of each baby
- Subjective use of praise or encouragement in each birth
- Identification of effectiveness of the specific skills-methods
- Debrief Birth Stories about ‘choices’ and ‘skills’
- The Concept
- Past broke Present
- 1961 Brant Study
- Common Knowledge Trust
- Director Common Knowledge Trust
- Birthing Better Childbirth Preparation
- Childbirth Trends