NZ Midwife 2-Year Training/Supporting You
Who supports you? Your clients and Common Knowledge Trust are your two support partners during this 2-year midwife training and collaborative effort.
This training may seem like a heavy lift but in fact, it will be much easier than you think. Common Knowledge Trust knows from 45 years’ experience that simple changes can occur very rapidly and accrue multiple, positive benefits.
Andrea’s ‘practice-based evidence’ and a relatively unknown New Zealand assessment by H.A. Brant done in 1961 at National Women’s are inspirational eye-openers and reminders that birth skills matter … just to everyone rather than a few.
This 2-year NZ midwife training is an expansion of what’s been discovered by taking a look-see at all skills-based methods rather than focusing on the two different methods that Andrea and Brant did.
Before you go further you might like to review:
If you choose to participate then you need support.
Common Knowledge Trust’s support
During your participation, you will receive the following support:
- 24/7 continuity of care to all participating midwives … you’re giving this care to your clients and deserve equal support
- Personal phone/Zoom/Skype conversations as well as group meetings
- Emails that go out to the group with answers to questions asked
- Regional meetings
- Debriefing after births
- Private and safe Facebook group
- Shared email/phone list of all participants
- Other types of support you might recommend
- Contact [email protected] or TEXT 0223551131.
You teach your clients what a Midwifery Partnership really means
How are you explaining the Midwifery Partnership now? (editor: Wintergreen has spoken to hundreds of New Zealand midwives.
Very few midwives actually explain the Partnership precisely to any of their clients much less to every client! Yet, the Partnership IS the foundation of the Midwifery Model of Care.
The 10% of midwives who explain the Partnership to at least some of their clients often say something like this: ‘I support your choices and what do you expect of me?’
In this training, you will learn to effectively explain a strong, common sense and balanced Partnership. This does have challenges.
The message with the prepared hand-out has to be given to all clients no matter what their circumstances.
Your clients’ support
In the long-term, your strongest support is your clients.
There are 4 steps to changing a Societal Expectation.
- Give an individual message and only that individual hears.
- Give an individual message to each of your clients then a broader group hear the message.
- When a broader group hears and repeats a message the society/public health message changes.
- When a society/public health message changes, then you have to do much less work.
The new Partnership explanation is housed in the script, your notes, praise and encouragement, and debriefing.
A change will happen more quickly than you think. It took Andrea less than 2 years to reap benefits for herself and her clients.
And she always had support from Wintergreen and Common Knowledge Trust.
Use up and down arrows to adjust the volume
Within 2 years, 8 out of 10 birthing women and 7 out of 10 fathers/others will be using skills to some degree.
Working with skilled families always has positive change and an impact on your practice.
- The Concept
- Past broke Present
- 1961 Brant Study
- Future Research
- Common Knowledge Trust
- Director Common Knowledge Trust
- Birthing Better Childbirth Preparation
- Childbirth Trends
Birthing Better skills were developed by moms and dads in the early 1970s in the US and used by many thousands globally in all types of birth. Birthing Better online birthing classes are housed in Common Knowledge Trust.
[grwebform url=”https://app.getresponse.com/view_webform_v2.js?u=UQzY&webforms_id=18964005″ css=”on” center=”off” center_margin=”200″/]