Birthing Better Online Childbirth Preparation Course is an award-winning digital resource with two main focuses: To give you and your partner the specific skills to prepare your body to give birth and to increase your confidence and control of your body through pregnancy and birth.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO FATHERS:
Mate, it’s time that you understood what your lady is going through. This “Birthing Better Thingy-Ma-Whats-it” is perfect for you to learn some tricks to get the Mrs through this thing!
The Birthing Better skills have been developed over 40 years with countless families. What you will find today is an extensive and in depth collection of the most effective techniques and skills to help you gain greater control of your body and give you confidence on your birth journey. If you’ve ever wondered … ‘How do I birth?’ or ‘What can I do during the birth?’ or ‘How can I help my partner give birth?’ or ‘I want to know how to birth’ … then Birthing Better skills are for YOU.
No matter where you will birth … at home or hospital or in the back of a taxi, Birthing Better skills will work for you. Whether you are a first time mother/father, planning a VBAC or have previously had a traumatic experience, Birthing Better skills are for you.
These are the skills
- How skills fit into every type of birth
- How skills suit every place you’ll give birth
- Why childbirth is always about giving birth to a baby and not a contest in who has what type of birth
- How to achieve a positive birth by how you cope and manage
- Sharing a common set of skills that both mothers and fathers enjoy
- Skills specially for first-time mothers and fathers-to-be
- How your birth skills will produce positive birth memories and why that’s so important
- Skills to make two Birth Plans … a skills-based and ordinary one
- A definitive list of positive and negative birthing behaviors … do more of the former and less of that latter
- Great teamwork skills
- Skills for the role of giving birth and being a great birth coach
- Three whole segments on preparing your body for birth
- Learn what positions your baby actually likes
- Breathing skills that finally make sense
- Touch skills that women love
- Non-verbal and verbal communication skills
- Skills for dealing with bad thoughts
- Learn the skills to read your baby’s messages during birth
- Every contraction has 5 phases
- Skills for coping with childbirth pain
- Relaxation skills that reduce internal tension
- How to prepare your baby’s birth passage
When to start learning
Ideal start preparing your pregnant body around 24 weeks but if you’re reading this at 40 wks+ don’t fret … pick and choose the skills you want RIGHT NOW!
The online course is specifically set up to address your unique and individual situation such as what type of birth you are planning and where you want to birth. Then you can PICK AND CHOOSE which skills you want to learn and in what order.
You might be fascinated about creating more space inside your body for your baby … so start with the Body Skills segments.
You might be terrified of childbirth pain … then start with the pain sections.
As an expectant father you might want to know when and how to help during birth … then read segments such as 5 Phases of Contractions, Communication and don’t forget Teamwork!
But there are SO many skills!
You bet there are! Preparing your body to give birth is simple when you have the right skills but it’s so essential. You’re giving your baby the best possible birth when you become skilled.
If you think for a moment that taking care of a baby is quick and easy then think twice. Preparing for birth and learning birth and birth coaching skills is far simpler … only 5-15 minutes every day or two. Yes there are heaps of skills and you might not use all of them but every one has been important to some birthing family at some point.
When should we use the skills?
Integrate them into your life. Practice breathing while doing something else. Practice staying open when walking, sitting or lying down. Practice to remind yourself how-to. Doing so takes less time then what you’ve just read! Skills that are real and effective can be learned easily but they still need to be practiced.
Then use your skills when you’re bored sitting in your birth providers waiting room, waiting for lab tests, having a procedure done, on the way to hospital or waiting for your doula or midwife to arrive. Start using your birthing and coaching skills at the earliest start of your baby’s birth … make them what you fill your Time doing.
As your birth progresses through Time you’ll adjust and adapt which skills to use. We’re not kidding you. Your birth is a journey in Time … use your Birthing Better skills throughout the Time it takes to birth your baby.
No one can do the birth except you
There are many reasons why expectant mothers and fathers learn skills. No matter your reason you can fill the Time it takes to birth your baby with skills that will leave you feeling incredibly empowered. Time is both your friend and enemy. Without skills you are likely to feel overwhelmed, out of control, passive and disconnected. With skills every single inhale and exhale can be skilled. Every position or posture can have an intent. Knowing exactly how to cope, manage, deal with, work through and experience birthing your baby changes birth from something that happens to you to something you know you did well. That was the goal of every single Birthing Better mother and father … to birth their baby well.